Squirrel Cottage Pitlochry
Squirrel Cottage Pitlochry is particularly known for its red squirrels and bird life, the large bedroom window has one way film which allows for close up views of birds and squirrels on the feeders and at the wildlife pond.
See what other say about Squirrel Cottage
Squirrel Cottage details
The cottage has WiFi and is all one one level, with a small entrance step and another small step from the bathroom passage in to the back bedroom.
- It sleeps two (double or twin beds - please specify).
- The large sun room is south facing, so get the sun all year round, has two wicker chairs to relax in a large round dinning room table and windows on three sides. Bird and squirrel feeders immediately to the front of the sun room provide endless entertainment.
- The Living room has sofa, an arm chair, a small arm chair, a TV and a wood pellet fire.
Oil fired central heating with radiators in every room - (you are charged for exactly what you use, there is no mark up on costs) - it is felt this is the fairest way of doing this as some people spend a lot of time in the cottage while others are out most of the day - why should those who use little heating subsidize those who use more?
- The bathroom has a high pressure shower, a bath, wash hand basin and loo.
- The Kitchen has an oven, electric hob, a dishwasher, a washing machine, microwave, small fridge, small freezer - the two kitchen windows over look the car park.
- Car park - your car park space is directly outside the sunroom giving easy access to Squirrel cottage.
Please note Squirrel Cottage Pitlochry -
- Is kept free of all pets for those with allergies
- It is not suitable for children under 16 years of age on account of the steep river bank that runs alongside the cottage
- It is for NON smokers (no smoking inside our outside)
- If you have an allergies - please advise when inquiring about availability
Wildlife at Squirrel Cottage Pitlochry.
Squirrel cottage has an abundance of birdlife all year round, squirrels are also frequent visitors to the many feeders, there are some times of the year squirrel numbers drop as they find natural squirrel food from wild seeds in the autumn and early spring the fresh new shoots, which they also love to eat.
Walks from Squirrel Cottage.
- To Blair Atholl following a level route, (about three miles away), the walk follows a quarry road, following the river Garry to Blair Atholl - where there is the popular Blair Atholl Watermill, Blair Castle, Loft Restaurant, Food in the Park Live.
- To Pitlochry through the Pass of Killiecrankie or over the hills to Ben Vrackie, the large hill overlooking Pitlochry.
- Circular walk through the Pass of Killiecrankie and back via Tenandry Kirk
- The Girnaig Falls walk is another poplar walk.
Location of Squirrel Cottage Pitlochry:-
- The cottage is located in the woods above Killiecrankie village, 3 miles from Pitlochry and Blair Atholl.
- There is a bus service, but being a rural bus service it is not very frequent.
- There is a train station at Pitlochry and Blair Atholl.
- A short walk from Squirrel Cottage is Killiecrankie hotel which caters for bar and restaurant meals - popular with many guests.