Riders of the Storm - Pitlochy's Equestrian Stunt Team.
Riders of the Storm are based 3 miles outside Pitlochry at Killiecrankie. They offer a variety of equestrian entertainment for shows across Scotland for corporate and private events. The shows are full of stunts and tricks that thrill and amaze audiences.
Riders of the Storm - started by Kirsty McWilliam back in 2010. Kirsty's equestrian career began when she was ten years old. She loves horses and the sport of Equestrian Vaulting (gymnastics on horseback).
Kirsty was selected to be a member of the Scottish Vaulting team. Competing regularly throughout Europe as a member of the first British Vaulting Team to win at an international competition. There followed 18 months as one of the members of one of Europe's largest stunt teams based in England. Using all this experience Kirsty started Pegasus Vaulting Group, with the top riders from Pegasus Vaulting making up Riders of the Storm.
Equestrian activities on offer:-
Riders of the Storm specialise in trick riding and vaulting lessons, experience days and camps. Suitable for individuals and groups.
- Trick Riding Lessons and Training. Learn about your horse and tack (saddles, stirrups, bridles, halters, reins, bits, harnesses, martingales, and breastplates are all forms of horse tack). The art of trick riding and what is required to become a professional. You will be taught an amazing array of vaulting skills.
- Vaulting Lessons Training. The course start with some moves on the barrel. You are then introduced to your horse and helped to tacking up the horse. Once the horse is ready, you put in to practice what you learnt on the barrel, on horseback. Initially at a walk pace, progressing through to canter.
- Trick Riding Experience Days. An experienced stunt rider instructs you. You will meet the Riders of the Storm team. Learn about the horses, and tack. Assist with tacking up your own horse ready for your trick riding lesson. During your lesson you will learn a number of tricks, including drags, stands and vaults. You will show off these tricks at the end of your lesson with a solo run across the arena.
- Horse Training. For those who have their own horse. You might like help schooling your horse. If your horse has behavioural problems, Riders of the Storm will help. A range of techniques including natural horsemanship and Standard English, are used. Each horse is worked on a one to one basis.
- Experience Holidays. Organised over weekends and to suit your holiday dates. Experience Trick Riding, Vaulting, Combat, Jousting games and Fitness.
For more information on Riders of the Storm including videos of their shows.