Tour Pitlochry with Heartland Tours
Your Pitlochry Tour Guide - Eddie Thomson is a retired Senior Detective from Scotland Yard trained to Advanced Driver level. Eddie will help you unlock his homeland of Scotland. Pitlochry is at the very heart of Scotland, and is an ideal base to tour the Scottish mainland as well as the Isle of Skye.
Heartland Tour's professionally insured BMW 6 Series GT M can can accommodate four people and their people carrier allows a maximum of eight people.
Eddie offers a range of private tours including Glencoe, Fort William, Isle of Skye, Loch Ness, Inverness-shire, Fife and Speyside. However, you can choose your own adventure!.
Highland Perthshire has a treasure trove of beautiful scenery – hills and glens, lochs and rivers, characterful villages, historic sites – all this and wildlife as well – it has it all .
As a Pitlochry Tour Guide, Heartland Tours offers :
- Guided Tours for up to 4 in a BMW 6 Series or for up to 8 people in a comfortable Minibus.
- Personalised (Bespoke) Services with itineraries tailor-made to your needs.
- Airport and Hotel pick-ups and transfers.
- Tours from 6 hours up to whatever suits the customer.
Tours from Pitlochry:-
Tour the Pitlochry area - This is a popular tour taking you to bonny Loch Tummel via the Queens View (Scotland's best view spot), around pristine Loch Rannoch, to remote Rannoch Station by Rannoch Moor, The south Loch Rannoch route including the Black Wood of Rannoch (with its ancient Caledonian Scots Pines) past Schiehallion the Fairy Mountain where the world's mass was calculated in the 19th Century and return to Pitlochry.
Pitlochry is an ideal base to tour other parts of Scotland.
Loch Ness is 2 hours north. St Andrews the home of golf and ancient university town 1.5 hours away. The City of Stirling with its magnificent castle and the Battlefields of Wallace and Bruce fame is 1.5 hours to the south. Oban and the Islands to the west is 2.5 hrs away.
Or further afield -
- Royal Deeside - The home of the British Royal family since the time of Queen Victoria. This route takes you beautiful Glenshee to Braemar via the Linn o` Dee and Balmoral, Ballater and return to Pitlochry .
- Glencoe - Scotland's best known glen. Infamous for the massacre of the MacDonalds by the Campbells on the 13th February 1692. A breach of Highland Hospitality.
- Fort William - known as 'the garrison' to the locals, as it was here to help control the highland clans.
- Isle of Skye - romantically associated with Bonnie Prince Charlie.
- Speyside - has an incredible amount of whisky distilleries to explore.
- Inverness-shire - much to see and do here, including Loch Ness.
- Fife - a fascinating area with beautiful fishing villages locked in time and wonderful golfing.
If you are looking for a tour from Pitlochry, Heartland Tours guarantees you a unique time discovering the Highlands of Scotland.